Regional Scholastic Art Awards
Submissions Accepted: September 13 - December 14, 2017
Exhibition: January 29 - February 9, 2018
Ceremony: Friday, February 9, 2018
Submissions may be mailed to the Art Academy of Cincinnati or delivered to our campus during our office hours of 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
If special arrangements are needed, please contact: email@example.com
- November 22 – 26, 2017: Art Academy of Cincinnati, closed for Thanksgiving Break
- December 21, 2017 – January 2, 2018: Art Academy of Cincinnati, closed for Winter Break
- Friday, January 12, 2018: Awards Announced
- Tuesday, January 16 – Thursday, January 25, 2018: Winners Mat Artwork
- Friday, January 26, 2018: Install Portfolios (4-7pm)
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 & Sunday, January 28, 2018 (9am to 3pm both days): Install Individual Categories
- Monday, January 29, 2018: Exhibition Opens
- Friday, February 9, 2018: Awards Ceremony
- Friday, February 9, 2018: Last Day to View Exhibition
- Saturday, February 10 & Sunday, February 11, 2018 (9am – 3pm both days): Deinstall
Award Ceremony: Friday, February 9, 2018
Awards Ceremony Venue:
School for Creative and Performing Arts
108 W. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
6-7pm: Presentation of Awards to 7th & 8th Grade Winners
7-8pm: Presentation of Awards to 9th & 10th Grade Winners
8-9pm: Presentation of Awards to 11th & 12th Grade Winners
Exhibition Run: January 29 - February 9, 2018
Exhibition Information & Field Trips
Works on Display: January 29, 2018 – February 9, 2018
Art Academy of Cincinnati
1212 Jackson St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Opens: Monday, January 29, 2018 (9am to 5pm
Viewing Hours: Monday – Sunday (9am to 5pm)
Deinstallation: Saturday, February 10 & Sunday, February 11, 2018 (9am to 3pm) both days
For Parking Information
The AAC Field Trip Form will help you schedule your class field trip using an online submission process. Using this process will help the AAC faculty and staff provide an amazing experience for you and your students. We look forward to seeing you this season! To schedule a field trip, clicking the "Book Field Trip" button below.
The annual Scholastic Art Awards is the nation's longest-running, most prestigious recognition initiative for creative students (grades 7-12) and the largest source of scholarships for young artists and writers.
In 2017, 609 schools represented our region including Turkeyfoot High School, Roger Bacon High School, Oldenburg Academy, Walnut Hills High School, Lakota East High School, and Lakota West High Schools, just to name a few. Out of nearly 5,000 artworks submitted for judging, 1,000 winning pieces of art will be exhibited. Gold Key, Silver Key, and Honorable Mention recognition and scholarships will be awarded to students. Educators, media representatives, vendors, students, and their families will attend the events. Gold Key recipients go on to compete for national medals in an Exhibit that culminates with the National Awards Ceremony at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY.