Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Southeastern Indiana Region
Produced by the Art Academy of Cincinnati
Exhibition Generously Presented by Summerfair Cincinnati
Submissions Accepted: September 12 - December 12, 2019
Exhibition: January 27 - February 7, 2020
Ceremony: Friday, February 7, 2020
- November 27-29, 2019: AAC closed for Thanksgiving Break
- December 25, 2019 - January 1, 2020: AAC closed for Winter Break
- January 20, 2020: AAC closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 10, 2020: Art & Writing Awards Announced
- January 24, 2020 (4-7pm), 25 (9am - 3pm), 26 (9am - 3pm): Art Installation
- January 27, 2020: Exhibition Opens
- January 27 - February 7, 2020: School Field trips
- February 7, 2020: Awards Ceremony
- February 8 (afternoon) Sunday, February 9, 2020 (9am - 3pm): Deinstallation
Art and Writing Awards Ceremony: February 7, 2020
Awards Ceremony Details Coming Soon!
The Art Academy of Cincinnati (AAC) is proud to administer the Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards of Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Southeast Indiana on our urban campus in historic Over-the-Rhine. The annual Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are the nation's most prestigious recognition initiative for creative students in grades 7-12 and the largest source of scholarships for young artists and writers in the nation.
A unique collaborative opportunity exists to engage our community. The Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are widely publicized and bring thousands of families and educators downtown as their creative teens participate in Regional Scholastic events. Gold Key, Silver Key, and Honorable Mention recognition and AAC scholarships will be awarded to students. Educators, students, and their families are encouraged to attend the local Exhibition and Ceremony. Regional Gold Key recipients go on to compete for national medals in an Exhibit that culminates with the National Awards Ceremony at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY.
The AAC online Field Trip Form helps educators schedule class field trips using an online submission process. Using this process will help the AAC staff provide an amazing experience for you and your students. We look forward to seeing you this season! To schedule a field trip, clicking the "Book Field Trip" button below.
To sponsor Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards contact: Director of Community Education Development Fund