AAC - ABI New York City Summer Internship
In partnership with ArtBound Initiative (ABI), AAC students have the opportunity to complete a summer internship in one of the world's art and design hubs - New York City! Students can complete an 8 or 12-week internship option and will earn credit to apply to their degree. Each student receives individual attention to identify a custom internship placement based on their background, skills, and goals. ArtBound Initiative (ABI) is a career accelerator in Art x Design. They offer customized internship placements for students and recent graduates in creative hubs around the world.
Every student will be guided through the process of apply and starting the program by ABI and AAC. Students will initially submit an application, resume, and portfolio to ABI for placement.
ABI will coordinate sending resume to artists/firms/organizations, and will work with the student to identify the most appropriate placement. Once a placement is secured, ABI will work with the student to prepare for living in NYC, including finding housing. Along the way, students will receive individual coaching for career options and resume/portfolio improvement. Once in NYC, ABI facilitates networking opportunities to help students expand their horizon of professional contacts.
8-week NYC Program: $3200 / 12-week NYC Program: $3500
Housing: Participants should budget from $1200 to $1500 per month to cover the housing expenses in New York. Prices will vary depending on availability. ABI will arrange accommodation for students in a private room within a shared apartment with New York locals and other international students. Participants are encouraged to contact us early in the case of financial difficulties or special needs.
The program cost includes:
- Guaranteed internship placement tailored to your career goals;
- Access to our international alumni network;
- One-to-one career development workshop;
- One-to-one Resume/CV coaching session;
- One-to-one Portfolio coaching session,
- Assistance in arranging housing; (housing is not included)
- ABI events (artists studio visits, gallery tour, etc.);
- Pre-trip information package;
- On-site support;
- Full in-city orientation;
- ABI City Guide on the New York art scene;
- Guidance before, during, and after your stay;
To learn more about ABI, and hear first-hand accounts from students, check out the videos and testimonials below: