All first-year students who reside outside the Cincinnati area are required to live in the Art Academyís Residence Hall.
Freshmen living within Greater Cincinnati may choose to reside in the residence hall or at home. Priority placement in the residence hall is given to traditional first-time freshmen and then to all other students at the Art Academy, in each case in the order in which residence hall deposits are received.
Located one block from the Art Academy at 5 W. 12th street, Harper Lofts houses 27 students and 1 Resident Assistant in 12 loft-style suites. The suites vary in size and accommodate one to five students. Each unit is equipped with:
- A full kitchen: refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, disposal
- Bathroom with shower stall
- Free washer and dryer combo in every suite
- Movable wardrobe and window treatments.
- All suites are unfurnished, requiring students to provide their own furniture, bedding and style.
Located two blocks from the Art Academy at 126 E. 13th street, Ruthven Suites houses 11 students and 1 Resident Assistant in two suite-style floors. Each floor contains:
- 6 private bedrooms with half bath En suite
- Common kitchen: refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, disposal
- Common living room
- Two common showers
- Coin laundry
- All suites are unfurnished, requiring students to provide their own furniture, bedding and style
- $6500 for a single unit
- $6400 for double units
- $6300 for triple units
- $6200 for quad units and all rooms at the Duveneck Suites
- $6100 for a 5-person unit
- Half of the academic year housing fee is charged for each semester. A Housing deposit of $250 secures a studentís spot in Art Academy Housing and is part of the first semesterís fee. In addition to the Housing Fee, there is a $600 damage deposit charged to the student, refundable at the end of the year if no damage is assessed to the student.
- For Students living on campus for the Master of Arts in Art Education (MAAE) degree, housing is a flat fee of $1400 plus a $400 damage deposit, which is refundable at the end of the term if no damage is assessed to the students. MAAE students will be placed in fully furnished units at Harper Lofts at 5 W. 12th street. Please contact Galen Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org for the MAAE Housing License Agreement.
The Art Academy residence hall has locked entrances, monitored by 24-hour security personnel, who are available for escort services to the main building and parking facilities. Access to the Harper Lofts is controlled with a security ID card. Access to the Ruthven Suites is controlled by hard key. A Resident Assistant lives in each residence hall. The building is equipped with smoke detectors and a fire alarm/sprinkler system.
Parking is available in the enclosed Gateway Parking Garage or the open land-lot on Walnut Street, both located within a block of the Art Academy buildings. Semester parking passes are purchased through the Finance Office.
AAC Residence Hall License Agreement Form
AAC Residence Hall Roommate Questionnaire Form
Parking Reservation Form
For additional information, please contact Galen Crawford at 513-562-6273 or email@example.com