Housing and Parking
New Dorms for Fall 2020
AAC's campus is a cultural cornerstone in the Over-the-Rhine community and a home-base for creative pursuits int this historic neighborhood. Forget dorm life - AAC housing is urban loft living.
All first-year students who reside outside the Cincinnati area are required to live in the Art Academy's Residence Halls. Freshmen living within Greater Cincinnati may choose to reside in the residence hall or commute from home. Priority placement in the residence hall is given to traditional first-time freshmen and then to all other students at the Art Academy, in each case in the order in which residence hall deposits are received.
In Fall of 2020 we are partnering with Urban Sites Property Management to open a newly renovated Art Academy Dorm at 1225-1257 Jackson Street. 33 loft-style apartments will open to the incoming class of students, increasing our school footprint on Jackson St and creating a convenient and safe living environment for the students within close proximity to the school.
Each unit is equipped with:
- Full bath and kitchen (with refrigerator, stove, dishwasher)
- Bed, desk and chair, wardrobe or closet (unit depending)
- Access to coin-operated laundry in building
- Utilities included- Wifi, electricity, water
Read more in the full article from the: Cincinnati Business Courier
2020-2021 Housing Fees for Incoming Students:
- $7500 for Quad Units
- $7600 for Triple Units
- $7900 for Double Units
- $8600 for Single Units
- Half of the academic year housing fee is charged for each semester. A Housing deposit of $250 secures a student's spot in Art Academy Housing and is part of the first semester's fee. In addition to the Housing Fee, there is a $600 damage deposit charged to the student, refundable at the end of the year if no damage is assessed to the student. All tuition and fees must be paid in full by August 15, 2020 and January 1, 2021.
Housing Questions should be directed to Director of Student Services, Kelsey Nihiser.
Reserve your spot!
- Suggested Residence Hall Supply List
- Art Academy residence halls have locked entrances, monitored by 24-hour security personnel, who are available for escort services to the main building and to parking facilities. Access to the Harper Lofts is controlled with a security ID card. Access to the Ruthven Suites is controlled by hard key. A Resident Assistant lives in each residence hall. The buildings are equipped with smoke detectors and a fire alarm/sprinkler system.
- For students living on campus for the summer Master of Arts in Art Education (MAAE) degree, housing is a flat fee of $1700 plus a $400 damage deposit, which is refundable at the end of the term if no damage is assessed to that student. MAAE students will be placed in the Harper Lofts.
Please contact Kelsey Nihiser at firstname.lastname@example.org for the MAAE Housing License Agreement.
Any questions about housing and residence life can be directed to Kelsey Nihiser, Director of Student Services.
Parking is available in the AAC parking lot on Walnut Street, located immediately behind the main AAC building. Students can reserve a parking pass for the academic year or specific semester at these rates:
- Academic year parking pass - $850
- Semester parking pass - $425
Passes are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students can reserve a pass at the link below. Please direct any questions to Alexandria Tellez at email@example.com