- This event has passed.
National Portfolio Day at the Art Academy
11/16/19, 7:00 am - 11:00 am
What: National Portfolio Day
When: Saturday, November 16, 2019
Time: 12p.m. – 4p.m.
Where: Art Academy of Cincinnati, 1212 Jackson St. Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
What is National Portfolio Day:
National Portfolio Day is an event specifically for visual artists and designers. It is an opportunity for those who wish to pursue an education in the visual and related arts to meet with representatives from colleges accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. Representatives will be available to review your artwork, discuss their programs and answer questions about professional careers in art. High school students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and college transfer students are encouraged to attend. To find out more about National Portfolio Day, please visit the National Portfolio Day website.
What to Bring:
Please bring finished pieces, work in progress, and sketchbooks. We ask you to bring your original artwork whenever possible. We suggest that you do not spend time and money matting or framing your work. If you would like to show some work digitally, please bring your own laptop with a self-contained power source as there will not be computers or outlets at each representative’s table.
Parking is available at Gateway Quarter Garage or Mercer Garage for a nominal fee. Please visit here for where to park in the Over-the-Rhine community.
Campus & Housing tour from 10:00am – 12:00pm In order to go on a tour you must RSVP at 513-562-6262 or firstname.lastname@example.org
When to Arrive: Colleges will be reviewing portfolios from 12pm-4pm. It is recommended that students sign in and get in line by 11:30am.
Student Cost: This event is free and open to the public.
Student RSVP: Send RSVP to admissions.artacademy.edu, please include name, phone number, and email or file out Eventbrite form below.
University/College Registration: Colleges wishing to attend the National Portfolio hosted by the Art Academy can register here.
What Colleges are Attending:
- Art Academy of Cincinnati
- Bowling Green State University, School of Art
- California College of the Arts
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Columbus College of Art and Design
- Drexel University, Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design
- FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
- Herron School of Art and Design
- Kansas City Art Institute
- Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Miami University
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
- Montserrat College of Art
- Moore College of Art and Design
- Otis College of Art and Design
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Pratt Institute
- PrattMWP College of Art and Design
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Ringling College of Art and Design
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
- The New School Parsons School of Design
- The University of Michigan Stamps School of Art and Design
- University of the Arts
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Watkins College of Art, Design and Film
- West Virginia University
Check us out at the following National Portfolio Days:
Nashville| Watkins College of Art| 14-Sep
Memphis | Memphis Brooks Museum | 15-Sep
Milwaukee | Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design | 21-Sep
Phoenix | Mesa Community College | 21-Sep
Albuquerque | Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid Hotel | 22-Sep
Austin | JW Marriott Austin | 28-Sep
Kansas City | Kansas City Art Institute | 28-Sep
Dallas| Hilton Anatole | 29-Sep
St Louis | Washington University | 29-Sep
Richmond | VCUarts Fine Arts Building | 5-Oct
Denver | Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design | 5-Oct
Charlotte | Hilton Charlotte Executive Park | 6-Oct
Indianapolis | Herron School of Art + Design, IUPUI | 19-Oct
Chicago | School of the Art Institute of Chicago | 20-Oct
New York, NY | Jacobs Javits Convention Center | 26-Oct
DC | George Mason University | 2-Nov
Rochester | Rochester Institute of Technology | 3-Nov
Detroit | College for Creative Studies | 3-Nov
Baltimore | Maryland Institute College of Art | 3-Nov
Cleveland | Cleveland Institute of Art | 17-Nov
Miami | Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus | 25-Jan
Sarasota | Ringling College of Art & Design | 26-Jan
RSVP by filling out the Eventbrite form below.