Tuition & FeesPay Tuition MAAE Tuition Info
The Art Academy’s tuition and fees are 18% lower, on average, than the cost of other independent colleges of art and design in this region. The average student covers 63 percent of his or her costs via financial aid. For information, click the Financial Aid office page.
HOW MUCH TO PAY
The Art Academy charges a flat tuition rate for full-time undergraduate students (12 to 15 credit hours per semester). Part-time students are charged by the credit.
2019-2020 FOUR YEAR TUITION PROMISE FOR FALL/SPRING
- Full-time tuition: $32,445
- Full-time tuition per semester: $16,222.50
- Part-time (under 12 credits), per credit hour: $1,352
- BFA Part-time Summer tuition per credit hour: $998
- Annual Student Services Fee: $990 (full-time and part-time students)
- Per Semester Student Services Fee: $495 (full-time and part-time students)
- Annual Technology Fee: $900 (full-time and part-time students)
- Per Semester Technology Fee: $450
- Transcript Fee: $5 (standard turn-around)
- Expedited Transcript Fee: $10(same day turn-around)
- Annual Walnut Street Parking fee: $850
- Per Semester Walnut Street Parking fee: $425
2019-20 Housing Fees for Incoming Students:
- $7,200 - $7,600 for a Single Unit (depending on location)
- $6900 for Double Units
- $6600 for Triple Units
- $6400 for Quad units and all rooms at the Ruthven Suites
- $6200 for a 5-person unit
- $6000 for a 6-person unit
- Half of the academic year housing fee is charged for each semester. The Housing deposit is reduced to $100 for COVID relief effort until July 1st, 2020 (was $250) secures a student's spot in Art Academy Housing and is part of the first semester's fee. In addition to the Housing Fee, there is a $600 damage deposit charged to the student, refundable at the end of the year if no damage is assessed to the student.
New Students / Tuition Deposits
You can pay your tuition deposit and housing deposit via PayPal by clicking the link below.
Tuition Deposit reduced to $50 for COVID relief effort effort until July 1st, 2020 (was $200)
For a complete overview of the Art Academy's total Cost of Attendance for 2020, please click here
Click for more info on our Four Year Tuition Promise!
How to Pay Tuition
If you have questions, call Danielle Macaluso at 513-562-8752
Two Payment Options:
1. Paying off your entire tuition balance, use this link to Diamond Mind portal:Pay Off Tuition Balance
2. To make a payment towards your tuition balance, use this link to pay with a Cash Net account:Make a Payment on Tuition Balance
AAC provides many convenient ways for current students to pay their tuition, fees and other expenses. We accept checks (must be US dollar accounts and drawn on a US financial institution), cash, all major credit cards and money orders (also must be US dollars and backed by a US financial institution). You may mail in your payment, but the preferred method of payment is via one of our two payment portal options (depending on your needs).
If you would like to pay by check, please see Alex Tellez, Office Manager, in the office suite on the 2nd floor.
WHEN TO PAY
Tuition and fees must be paid in full one week prior to the start of classes each semester. (International students must pay tuition in full at registration.) An unpaid balance will void your registration, and you will not be able to attend class until your account is paid in full.
In order for a new incoming student to reserve a place in the Fall 2019 class, the Art Academy must receive a non-refundable registration deposit of $200.00. This registration deposit is credited toward the first semester's tuition. If the student does not attend the Art Academy, this deposit is forfeited.
If a student withdraws from the Art Academy or drops below full-time status (under 12 credit hours), tuition will be credited computed from the date of withdrawal as officially recorded by the Registrar.
FALL AND SPRING SEMESTER
Before the end of the first week: 100%
Before the end of the second week: 75%
Before the end of the third week: 50%
Before the end of the fourth week: 25%
After the fourth week: no refund given
Before the end of the first day: 100%
Before the end of the first week: 50%
After first week: No refund given
Only tuition is refunded; fees are nonrefundable. The Finance Office calculates and determines all amounts credited to an account and will return any financial aid, grants, loans and scholarship funds as required by the different programs. An open balance will be due in full immediately.
FINANCIAL AID REPAYMENT
Students who receive Federal Title IV Financial Aid and do not complete their classes will be responsible for repaying to the Department of Education unearned portions of aid. During the first 60 percent of a semester, a student is entitled to Title IV funds in direct proportion to the length of time he or she remains enrolled. A student who remains enrolled beyond the 60 percent point earns all aid for the semester. Unearned Title IV funds, other than Federal Work Study, must be returned back to the Federal Student Aid Programs. A Return of Title IV Funds Policy statement is available in the Financial Aid and Finance Offices.
A person who has received an Art Academy degree (BFA, MAAE or AS) and wishes to take a degree program course for credit will pay the current tuition rate per credit hour.
A person who has completed the Certificate Program at the Art Academy and is enrolled in the BFA degree program at the Art Academy will receive a 25% discount on tuition for a degree program course.
A person who wishes to audit a degree program course will receive a 50% discount off the current tuition rate per credit hour. Space availability and the instructor’s approval are required for registration to audit a degree program course.
UNPAID ACCOUNTS AND FINANCE CHARGES
The Art Academy of Cincinnati will not issue a diploma, transcripts or records, grade reports, statements of recommendation, nor allow future registration to any student whose financial accounts with the Art Academy are not paid in full. All financial accounts must be paid in full prior to the start of classes. A finance charge will be applied to any account with an unpaid balance after the date payments are due and for every month following that the balance is not paid in full. Students with delinquent accounts are referred to a collection agency.