Programs for Schools
Artist & Writer in Residence
This program focuses on the 21st Century Thinking skill of 'Creativity' and how to think like an artist. It is available for Art and English classrooms in grades 7 through 12. We know instructional time is valuable, therefore we have designed this program to supplement the classroom teacher's existing curriculum. Dates are flexible and scheduled at the classroom teacher's request; visits do NOT have to be scheduled on consecutive days and may be spread out as needed.
In addition, the Art Academy will provide any classroom supplies needed by the teacher, which will remain with the classroom for continued use.
For a detailed description of the Artist & Writer in Residence Program or to request the program for your classroom, click on the request form link below.Artist and Writer in Residence Request Form Scholastic Awards
Additional School Programs
AAC CE creates visual art opportunities not found during the typical school day in the form of in-school or after-school Art Club: SmartArt, Art Foundations, Applied Arts, and Family Art Nights to educators and administrators.
Visits are affordable and open to any Greater Cincinnati classroom grades 1-12!
After School Programming Services:
#1 SmartArt: Art Integration (grades 1-12)
SmartArt academic integrated art curriculum is designed to address visual thinking, enforce academics, visual art fundamentals, the history of art and its masters, and art of various cultures with hands-on art-making, drawing, painting, sculpting, designing, and animation techniques. SmartArt utilizes this multi-disciplinary approach to enhance student learning & tackle curriculum standards to increase engagement with academic subject matter and to provide a deeper understanding of academics. SmartArt programming is offered as an in-class visit or as an After School program.
#2 Art Foundations (grades 1-12)
Award-winning curriculum bursting with a variety of artistic media seldom found in a typical art class, this survey of art fundamentals will keep the interest of experienced and beginner art-makers alike.
#3 Applied Arts (grades 7-12)
The enrichment focused Applied Arts program is designed for high school grades 7-12, and focuses on visual thinking, visual art fundamentals, the history of art and its masters as well as applied visual arts as they integrate with business and commerce today. This program will enlighten and inspire art makers and art lovers, beginners and advanced. Additional focus on portfolio preparation is available for those who wish to get guidance on how to put together a portfolio and continue their visual art education in an institution of higher learning.
#4 Family Art Night
Activities where parents and their children can participate side-by-side in a creative, safe space together aids in parent involvement, family attachment and student achievement. This weekly, monthly or quarterly program provides art-making activities for folks of all ages exploring topics like "diversity", "home", "universal love", and "belonging".
Art Partner services include:
- Program design, quality assurance and evaluation
- Administrative supervision and covering costs associated with the administration of the program, such as the costs of background checks on instructors, recruiting, hiring and management
- Recruit, Manage and Coordinate art instructor(s)
- Create weekly lesson plans for each art club
- Provide supplies
- Schedule visiting artists and fieldtrips as applicable
- Assist with the coordination/installation of end of term exhibits. Provide materials, refreshments, office supplies and decorations, as well as the printing, postage, and banners and other signage
- Art Partner communication/meeting(s)
Schools and educators interested in AAC School Program Services should contact the Community Education Department at [email protected] or call, 513-562-8748
- The P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation
- Charles H. Dater Foundation
- The Daniel and Susan Pfau Foundation
- William P. Anderson Foundation
- Louise Taft Semple Foundation
- Nellie Leaman Taft Charitable Foundation
- The H.B., E.W., and F.R. Luther Charitable Foundation, Fifth Third Bank and Narley L. Haley, Co-Trustees
- Duke Energy Foundation
- August A. Rendigs, Jr. and Helen Rendigs Foundation
- J. Frederick & Helen B. Vogel Trust
- The Chemed Foundation