Inclusion & Diversity
At the Art Academy of Cincinnati, we believe diversity enriches our environment to produce modern thinkers while strengthening our creativity, practices and campus culture. AAC is committed to nourishing a diverse and inclusive community of students, faculty and staff. We are excited to work with artists like you from across the globe.
International Application Checklist
- Application through our website at https://aac.slideroom.com or common app.
- Portfolio review: Submit 8-10 pieces of original artwork and/or writing that shows your personal ideas and interests and demonstrates your artistic, technical and creative abilities.
- Official High School Transcript: We have a GPA requirement of 2.0 or higher. You must provide an official high school transcript evaluation from an accredited evaluation service such as World Education Services, International Education Research Foundation, or Educational Credential Evaluators. Please note that we will not accept transcripts that have not been evaluated.
- English Language Proficiency (ELP): TOEFL: Minimum score requirements are 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 80 on the internet-based test. OR Duolingo: The minimum test scores the AAC accepts is 90. Students can send their scores directly to the AAC or request a test be sent. International students currently living or studying in the United States or in a primarily English-speaking country may have the ELP waived after speaking with the International Coordinator.
- Passport copy: Please email a color photocopy of your current passport photo identification page.
- Bank statement: Financial Documentation: Notarized bank documentation of funds in USD to support one year of study and living expenses at AAC.
All virtual documents are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All paper documents mailed to:
Art Academy of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Scholarships & Form I-20
Entrance scholarships are awarded to every student who is accepted into our program. The Entrance Scholarship is based primarily on the strength of an applicant's portfolio, though academic merit is also taken into consideration. International students are also able to receive other in-house scholarships. All international students will need a Form I-20 to apply for a F1 student visa through a U.S. Consulate or Embassy in their home country. Once the student has submitted all requested items for the application, has been accepted, and submitted their tuition deposit, the AAC will issue the student Form I-20.
International BFA Deadline:
- Fall Application Deadline - May 1st
- Fall Deposit/Enrollment Deadline - June 1st
If a student has any questions or concerns about the application, FAFSA, deposit requirements or more, please email Dani Téllez at email@example.com