MASTER OF ARTS IN ART EDUCATION
Accepting applications until May 15, 2018
A complete application will include the following components:
- THE APPLICATION
Apply online to begin the admissions process.
- PORTFOLIO REVIEW
Schedule an in-person Portfolio Review with MAAE program Director, Keith Benjamin or upload to your account on aac.slideroom.com.
- 2018 Summer Applicants submit 8-15 works
Consider the following criteria when assembling your portfolio:
- Original Artwork
- Show off your personal ideas and interests
- Demonstrate your artistic, technical, and creative abilities
- Demonstrate your handling of medias you prefer to work in
- Additionally, images of journal or sketchbook pages are encouraged
- ARTIST STATEMENT
Your 500-word or more artist statement should provide a brief personal history, including your educational background and work experience. It should highlight your commitment to teaching and state your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree.
- Please upload to your application
- UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT
Please request the registrar from universities and/or colleges you attended to be sent to the Admissions Office at the Art Academy of Cincinnati.
- LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
One or two letters of recommendation should attest to your professional and scholarly experience. The letters should be mailed directly from your references to the Admissions Office at the Art Academy of Cincinnati. As this is optional it is highly encouraged.
- 2.0 Accumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) or Higher