A complete application will include the following components:
- Application form: Online Application - or - Paper Application
- Portfolio of original art
- Artist statement (500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation (suggested)
- Undergraduate transcript
Applications will be reviewed between February 1 - May 15.
The portfolio requirement may be satisfied in one of two ways:
1. Bring your portfolio of actual artwork to the Art Academy for an interview and portfolio review with the MAAE program director Keith Benjamin.
2. Upload work through our: AAC Slideroom
If you have questions, need assistance, or would like to schedule a campus visit, contact:
Art Academy of Cincinnati
1212 Jackson Street
Cincinnati OH, 45202
Your 500-word artist statement should provide a brief personal history, including your educational background and work experience. It should highlight your commitment to teaching and state your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Your two letters of recommendation should attest to your professional and scholarly experience. The letters should be mailed directly from your references to the Art Academy of Cincinnati.
You must have copies of your official academic transcript sent directly to the Art Academy from all colleges and universities you attended. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required.